Monday, January 30, 2012

Spicy szechuan pork

Hello everyone! It is 10 right now and I have finally decided that I should post my recipes! I have had quite the day. I actually woke up today at noon! I am totally embarrassed to admit that, and I promise you it doesn't happen often. I must have needed to sleep! Dan walked into the house at noon today and he woke me up. I was like "Why the heck are you home right now, you are supposed to be working!!" and he told me he was home for lunch and it was noon. haha. Anyways, today was a good day. I went out for coffee with a friend from church. I made some delish food and I skyped with my parents. They just bought a laptop and they are learning how to use it. It is really nice to skype with them though. My dad went into the hospital last Wednesday to start his treatments and prepare for his transplant. Seeing as I can't be there with them, it is really good to see their faces.
         We made this Chinese dish a few weeks back when we had a friend over. It twas very good. She liked it so much she went home and made it herself later that week!!

You need:
-4 or 5 pork chops
-1 tbsp vegetable oil
-1-2 tbsps chili sauce(or more :)
-a few tbsps of black beans. You can mash them or put them in a food processor.
-1 green pepper, cut into slices
-1 red pepper, cut into slices
-1 tsp sugar
-1 tsp dark soya sauce
pinch or pepper

Step one:
Bring a pan of water to a boil and add your pork. Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes. Take out the pork and let it cool. Cut the pork into slices.

Step two:
In a wok (or deep frying pan) heat the oil and the pork slices. Cook and let them shrink a bit. Add the chili sauce, and the black bean paste that you made.

Step three:
Lastly, toss in the sliced peppers. Add  the pepper, sugar, soy sauce and stir fry for a few minutes. Serve warm and ENJOYYYY!


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment