Monday, January 9, 2012

Mexican chili beef salad

Like I said last week, be expecting to see a lot more salads on here! This is kind of a salad, more of a stir fry though. I ate mine over a bed of lettuce, and Dan ate his with rice. Whatever it is, it was really good. OH heck yes it was. Here is what you need to make this for yourself, right now:
-1 lb lean sirloin or top round steak
-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
-1 1/2 tsps chili powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 tsp ground coriander
-1 ripe avocado, peeled and chopped into chunks
-2 tbsps olive oil
-one can of red kidney beans, drained
-a container of cherry tomatoes, halved
-handful fresh cilantro, chopped

Step one:
-Slice your steak into strips.
-Place the garlic, salt, chili powder, and ground coriander in a bowl. Mix it up well and then add your steak. Make sure they are all coated nicely. :)
Step two:
-Heat the oil in a large pan and add the beef. Fry it up for about 5 minutes.

Step three:
-Add the kidney beans, tomatoes and avocado. Cook until they are all heated through.


Add in the fresh cilantro and it's all done. SO goooooooooood. I don't lie.

So before I am done blogging for the week I wanted to share about our home! As most of my friends and family know Dan and I live on a military base in Quebec. We have done our best to make the house homey..but it is just still so military looking. Basically everything is white. The walls, the light fixtures, the entire bathroom and kitchen are all WHITE! We know that we will be moving in a little over a year so we kept saying nah we won't paint. In a military house you have to paint everything back to white when you move. Well...I gave in and we decided to paint yesterday! Dan and I had so much fun painting together. It's so crazy...painting our first home together. We ordered pizza, laughed alot and made a great day of it. We painted until 10 last night! So here are a few pics of us painting.

 I hope everyone had a good day back to work today! I'm back to work at the end of the week and french school will start soon too. Back to reality :)
Happy Monday.
Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment