Monday, January 9, 2012

Excellent Baked Greek Fish

Good afternoon! Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, I know I sure did. Dan and I went snowboarding with some friends on Thursday night. For Christmas I bought Dan a snowboard (which he knew about wayyyyy before Christmas because I SUCK at surprises..) because I needed someone to go snowboarding with! Quite selfish, I know. haha. Anyways turns out Dan learns quickly! After only a few times he has no problem going down any hill and soon he will be better than me! We only live about 10 minutes away from a great mountain..so you can't beat that! I hear people complain ALL winter long about how much they hate the snow and that they are already counting down the days until summer. I think that we need to get more active during the winter and enjoy this wonderful country of ours! Come on, there are so many amazing winter sports. Snowboarding, skiing, skating, and snowshoeing to name a few. What is your favourite winter activity?

          Along with a great weekend of snowboarding Dan and I tried some yummy new recipes. This one is from a new Greek cookbook I got for Christmas. Our cookbook collection grew alot over the holidays! haha. I like to modify the recipes a tad, so that they are somewhat my own. Here is what you will need to make this recipe yourself:
-2 tbsps olive oil
-2 onions finely chopped
-2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
-2 carrots. sliced thinly
-2 celery stalks, sliced thinly
-2/3 cup of white wine
-400g canned chopped tomatoes
-pinch of sugar
-1 tsp of lemon juice
-1 large lemon, sliced
-salt and pepper
-2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley
-1 tsp dried marjoram
-2-3 lbs of tilapia (or bass, red snapper, or sea bream)

Step one:
Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onions and garlic, and fry until softened. Add the chopped carrots and celery. Fry them for about 5 to 10 minutes, until lightly softened.

Step two:
Add the white wine and bring it to a boil. Add the tomatoes and their juice. Next add the sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Simmer together for about 20 minutes. Now add the parsley and the marjoram.

Step three:
Place your fish in a lightly greased baking dish. Pour the veggies around your fish (mine also went on top of the fish). Season everything with salt and pepper. Sprinkle some fresh parsley on top to make it look pretty and place the lemon slices on top of everything. Bake the dish for 45minutes to an hour at 350F.

Yes. This was a delicious dinner, and lunch the next day. Try it :)
 I just want to encourage you all this new year to make good food and eat healthy. Make something that you have never made before. I also encourage you to get outside and try to enjoy this winter. Step outside your box this year. Have a great rest of your day!
xo
       

No comments:

Post a Comment