Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Country Peach and Raspberry Tart

I had extra pie dough left over from making pumpkin pie so I found this lovely recipe and I am very glad that I made it! I used a half recipe..(because thats how much dough I had left over..) but I will share with you the whole recipe here and you can do what you like with it! The original recipe called for just peaches..but I decided to add some raspberries. I would most definately recommend following the recipe here and using just peaches. The raspberries made the tart a little more sour...and I think if it had of been just peaches it would have been perfect. Now I know for the next time!

Here is what you will need:
-1 single crust pie dough recipe (easily found online)
-1/4 cup of sugar
-4 tsps flour
-1/4 tsp of cinnamon, ginger or nutmeg
-3 cups of peaches or nectarines pealed and sliced
-1 tbsp lemon juice
-1 tbsp sliced almonds
-milk

Preheat oven to 375F.

Step One:
Prepare your pie crust. Roll out the dough on parchment paper into a large circle. Slide the paper with the dough ontop onto your baking sheet. Set aside.

Step Two:
In a large bowl mix together the sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Add the peaches and lemon juice...Do this until the peaches are all covered.



Step Three:
Take your peaches and put them in the center of your pie crust. Start to fold up your pastry dough leaving an opening in the center.
Step Four:
Brush a bit of milk onto the pie dough and sprinkle a bit of sugar ontop. Add your sliced almonds.


Step Five:
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the crust is golden. Cook for 30 minutes on a wire rack.

Happy tuesday everyone!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment