Monday, March 26, 2012

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins

Hello blogger friends! Well I wish I could say happy Monday, but I am not feeling so happy :( I am still feeling sick.. I hope you all are having a better Monday than me! Today I spent the day sleeping, drinking tea&coffee, finally figuring out how to use pintrest and obsessing over myfitnesspal.com. {By obsessing I mean spending an hour and a half looking at peoples before and after weight loss pictures!} Oh and I did a little cleaning, and I made these muffins! Unfortunately folks this is my only recipe to post this week! I am trying to lose a few pounds before the summer{so not fun} and we ate SUPER plain this week. Steamed veggies with grilled chicken breasts..etc. So the bad news is, only one new recipe this week, but the good news is I have lost 8 pounds in the last 4 weeks! Yay. I can't believe I am sharing such personal info with the world. Who have I become? haha Okay enough about that. I have been working on my little cookbook project and I have decided this recipe is a keeper and is going into the cookbook! I plan on having an entire muffin section seeing as I love them! Here is what you need to make these muffins yourself:



  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
  • 1/4 cup skim milk
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup shredded zucchini
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

This recipe will make 12 small (very small) muffins. I made 9 muffins at the size I like 'em. :)


Step one:


In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl combine the egg, oil, apple sauce, milk, lemon juice and vanilla.: mix well. 


Step two:


Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. 


Step three:


Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes. Check them at 20 minutes. 


YUMYUMYUM. This is me eating one as we speak(or as I write this..) 

I hope everyone has a great rest of the day. I will probably continue relaxing and doing nothing. haha. See you all next Monday!
xo

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brittany :) ur very creative, and talented... I love you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bro! I appreciate it! You need to send me your cream puff recipe so I can make them myself! :)Love you too!

      Delete