Monday, March 19, 2012

{Slow Cooked} Sweet & Sour Chicken

Before I get started I would just like to just say that this is my 103rd recipe! How exciting! I should celebrate! I will celebrate by eating this dish as soon as I'm done writing this post :) This amazing dish has been smelling up my house all day in a very good way. If you want an easy meal for dinner this week, here it is. It took me 10 minutes to prepare and then I let it cook for 5 hours! So easy. It is a perfect combo of sweet and hot! Here is what you will need to make this yourself:


  • 2 onions, chopped
  • 2 green peppers, chopped
  • 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
  • 1 can of pineapple or 1/2 a pineapple cut into bite size pieces
  • 1/2 cup of chili sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups of water
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 bottle of bbq sauce OR use my easy tangy BBQ sauce recipe. You can find it on the post below this one. That is the recipe I used for this meal and I used the entire recipe.  
Step one:
Put the onion, garlic, pineapple, chicken and peppers into the slow cooker. Mix them all together like so...
Step two:
Mix the bbq sauce, water and chili sauce together in a bowl. Then pour it over the chicken mixture in the slow cooker. 

Step three:
Let it cook on high for 4-5 hours. 
Enjoy! It will be an amazing, sweet, hot, sour, tangy, wonderful dinner for you. 

Have a good week everyone!
xo
-Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment