Thursday, November 24, 2011

Candy Cane Oatmeal Cookies

The other night I decided to make a bunch of yummy food for when Dan and I set up the Christmas tree. I had a bunch of candy canes in our kitchen so I decided to do something with them! I thought about making cupcakes.. but I knew we would only eat one each and then I would have to freeze the icing..and blah blah blah. So cookies sounded much easier and they freeze well! So cookies it was! The cookies turned out great..probably because its pretty hard to mess up an oatmeal cookie! Here is what you do:

1- Preheat oven to 350F
2-In a bowl beat 1 cup of butter with an electric mixer on medium for 30secs.
3-Add 1 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of white sugar
  -1 tsp baking soda
  -1 tsp cinnamon
  -1/2 tsp salt
Beat until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl.
4-Beat in 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla
5-Stir in 1 1/2 cups of flour
6-Crush and add 3 candy canes to the batter. Mix.
7-Stir in 3 cups of regualr or quick cooking rolled oats.


see the pink candy cane?

8-Time to scoop your desired cookies and place them on a greased baking sheet.

9-Bake for 8-10 minutes (longer if you made large cookies)
VOILA> YUMMY COOKIES...with a christmas-y touch!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment