Thursday, November 22, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Coconut Cookies


Can it get any better than this?
I am not sure, because these are pretty darn amazing.
A week and a bit ago I made these cookies & they were eaten pretty fast. Please don't judge, it's not just me who eats all the cookies although I wish I could. Dan & I loved these cookies so much that I decided to make them again but with peanut butter. Of course peanut butter makes everything better!!

Also, Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American friends! Most of my readers are from the states so I figured I should give a shout out to you guys! Canada celebrates thanksgiving in October. Enjoy your time with your friends & family.  It is always good to take time & be thankful for the wonderful lives we have. I hope you all enjoy your turkey dinners! :)

Here is the recipe :)

In a medium size pot on medium to high heat put:

  • 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar (not super packed down)
  • 1/4 cup of skim milk 
  • 2 tbsps cocoa powder
Bring it to all to a boil. Set your timer & let it boil for a minute. Don't forget to stir ;)

Once it is done boiling take the pot off of the heat. 
Add these ingredients into the pot. Combine well:

  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup of non sweetened coconut (you can use sweetened if you want)
  • 1 1/2 cups of quick oats (you can add a little bit extra if you feel it needs it)
OPTIONAL:
  • add some raisins
  • add some chocolate chips
  • add nuts of your choice
SPOON out the cookie dough & place them onto wax paper to cool. Once they are cool they should harden up a it & look like little macaroons/cookies. This recipe makes 12 cookies.

Enjoy!
I promise you will!

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment