Sangria! Yes please! I figured I would post this on a Tuesday so you could have the time to go out & buy the ingredients for your Friday night get together! A few weeks ago we were given a bottle of red wine as a gift! It was a very nice gift, except for Dan and I don't really enjoy red wine. I KNOW, I KNOW...all of you crazy wine drinkers out there are going to think I am crazy. I am sorry, I just haven't acquired the taste for it yet. BUT add some fruit & some sugary-goodness and I am on board! I love me some sangria! So here is a very not healthy, but oh so good recipe! Enjoy!
Mix together all of the following ingredients in a punch bowl or a large(or two) pitcher. Let the ingredients sit for 24hrs in the fridge to get the best flavour!
- 1 bottle of red wine (or your choice)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced (you can squeeze the juices into the wine)
- 1/2 can of orange juice from concentrate
- 1 small can of diced pineapples (add the juice as well)
- check sweetness. If you would like it more sweet add a tbsp of sugar.
Add the following ingredients just before serving:
- 3 cups of ginger ale (4 if you like the wine more watered-down)
- 1 container of blueberries (1 dry pint)
- a handful of strawberries (frozen or not)
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced ( I used it for a little decoration :)
- add ice