Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Buttercream Icing

This week I made a deishious cake.Yes, that's right deishious. I apparently can't spell. I made a vanilla cake (from the box) and I used the maple fudge that didn't set properly for the filling. THEN I found this fab recipe and iced the cake with it. Needless to say it was super sweet. This icing is a keeper. It is good because you can make it how you like. You can use it to decorate cupcakes, because it will hold its shape nicely. Here is what you need:
  • One cup of SALTED butter
  • 3 tsps vanilla
  • 4 cups of icing sugar
  • 4-5 tbsps coffee cream (Or more. You will need to see the consistency after the 5 tbsps. If you need to add more to make it spreadable, feel free. Be careful though because 1 tbsp of cream changes alot!)
Step one:
Beat your cup of butter until it gets nice and whippy. Please use salted butter, it makes a difference.
Step two:
Add the icing sugar.
LOOK at the mess I made!
Icing sugar everywhere!
Step three:
Add the cream. You will probably do this step during part two. Once you add about half of the icing sugar it gets pretty thick. Once you see that it is not mixing well, start to add the cream. Like I said, watch how much cream you put in. I added maybe a tbsp extra, but it goes a long way. So just make it how you like :)
FINI.
mmmm
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment