Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Make your own Granola Bars

I was in the mood for a granola bar one day so I decided to look up recipes and try to make them myself! This was a first time for me ( as most of the recipes on my blog are my firsts) and I think I will continue to make them and find a recipe I really like! I will share with you this one! The purpose of my blog is not to show off how I am a fabulous cook, because I am not. haha. This blog is to show a journey of a young wife( crazy to say that I am a wife now!! eeee!) learning how to cook new things and find great recipes! Even make some of her own recipes along the way! Also this blog is to inspire the people in my life, young and old to try new things and for me to learn from those who know MUCH more than I do. Anyways, my point was to say that I am not in love with this recipe and I am on the hunt to find a better, more healthy one! So if you have any recipes, send them my way! Thats what this blog is about :)
Okay lets get started!
You shall need:

  • 4 1/2 cups rolled oats


  • 1 cup all-purpose flour


  • 1 teaspoon baking soda


  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract


  • 2/3 cup butter, softened


  • 1/2 cup honey


  • 1/3 cup packed brown sugar


  • 2-3 cups of whatever you want to put in it! -Raisins, chocolate chips, seeds, peanuts, almonds, walnuts, craisins...etc.


  • Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 325F. Lightly grease one 9x13 inch pan.
    2. In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, flour, baking soda, vanilla, butter or margarine, honey and brown sugar. Stir in the 2-3 cups of assorted chocolate chips, raisins, nuts etc.
    3. Lightly press mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes then cut into bars. Let bars cool completely in pan before removing or serving.

    enjoy! xo

    No comments:

    Post a Comment