Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Orange Cranberry & Chocolate Scones



Hello darlings!

How are you doing today? Well, my day started out a little crazy. My car wouldn't start this morning due to the -30 weather, and the car wasn't plugged in properly so it was frozen. Dan came home from work with a friend to boost me and that took about 30 minutes to get the car going. Because of all the craziness, I missed my morning shift and I think I got frost bite. 

Seeing as I was stuck in my home all morning, I made some of these yummies. They are basically cookies, but whatever we will call them scones ;)

Here is what you need:
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup softened butter (olive oil works as well. The consistency will be slightly different, but still delicious)
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup or less of chopped semi sweet chocolate
  • one orange grated with the juices squeezed 



Step one:

Mix up all the dry ingredients. Flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.

Step two:

Make a little hole in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients there. Add the egg, milk, butter, orange peel and squeezed juice.

Step three:

Mix in the chocolate and cranberries.

Step four:

Bake the scones at 425F in a preheated oven on a greased sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes. This recipe makes one dozen.

Enjoy this yummy treat! I know I enjoyed one too many.

Here are some pics from our weekend. The weather was so mild that we were outside the whole weekend!







 xo

No comments:

Post a Comment