Monday, March 24, 2014

Maple Walnut Scones





Happy Monday friends!

Yes, it is Monday. The day that we all dread. But to be honest, this Monday hasn't been so bad. I only worked 4 hours, had lunch with my love, I have a Zumba class tonight and to top it all off, I ate one of these yummy scones for breakfast. Okay, maybe I ate two.

Maple syrup season is starting here in Quebec. The month of April will be spent visiting sugar shacks, eating pancakes every weekend and buying lots of maple syrup on sale. So of course I felt inspired to make these scones! Oh how I love le temps des sucres!

Here's all that you need to make these yummy scones yourself.
(This recipe makes 12 normal sized scones or 8 BIG scones)


  • 1 1/3 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup softened butter
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup crushed walnuts

Step one:

Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl. Flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. 





Step two:

Add all of the wet ingredients into the center on the dry ingredients. Mix until combined evenly.


Step three:

Spoon onto a greased baking sheet ( or a non-stick sheet like what I use). Bake at 425F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. So keep an eye on them! Do not over bake them or else they will get dry. We don't want that!

Next step... eat one fresh out of the oven with some warm butter or better yet, some maple syrup!
...Until next time!

Xo

2 comments: