Tuesday, November 13, 2012

{Easy No Bake} Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Cookies



Hello folks!
Today I am in the mood to blog. By that I mean, I want to blog a lot. I want to redo my blog, post a few recipes & I want to check out all of my favourite blogs. So be expecting some new recipes in the next few days! This recipe was created last night, when I was on the phone with my friend Kelly & I was craving something sweet. The only problem was I didn't have eggs, and I didn't have at least one ingredient in each recipe I was finding online. Therefore, I created my own recipe. I kept saying to Kelly " I don't think these are going to turn out.. I don't think they are going to work." BUT they DID WORK & I am so happy about it. This recipe makes 12 cookies.

In a medium size pot on medium to high heat put:


  • 1/4 cup margarine (or butter)
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar (not super packed down)
  • 1/4 cup of skim milk 
  • 2 tbsps cocoa powder
Bring it to all to a boil. Set your timer & let it boil for a minute. Don't forget to stir ;)

Once it is done boiling take the pot off of the heat. 
Add these ingredients into the pot. Combine well:

  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup of non sweetened coconut (you can use sweetened if you want)
  • 1 1/2 cups of quick oats (you can add a little bit extra if you feel it needs it)
OPTIONAL:
  • add some raisins
  • add some chocolate chips
  • add nuts of your choice
SPOON out the cookie dough & place them onto wax paper to cool. Once they are cool they should harden up a it & look like little macaroons/cookies. They have an ooey-gooey center. mmm.
Eat one right away ;)
Enjoy!



What are you all up to today?
As of right now I am enjoying a bowl of my newly created Carrot & Lentil Curry soup. It is super good & it is totally hitting the spot right now. I will post the recipe later this week.
My day is a get stuff done around the house  kind of day. Laundry, vacuuming, mopping, clean the bathroom, you get the picture. You know, all of the good housewife kind of stuff ;). Then later today I am going to finish putting together the 6  Operation Christmas Child boxes that our youth group help do. I am looking forward to that. It's a great ministry & it made me so happy to see our youth group pull together & fill the boxes. I will share some pictures of that later.
I hope you all have a fabulous day!

xo
-Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment